[TYPES] Tenure-track Position at U. Ottawa

Phil Scott phil at site.uottawa.ca
Tue Jul 12 09:27:46 EDT 2005

Dear Types Colleagues:

The Math Department at the University of Ottawa expects to be hiring
several people for tenure-track positions in the upcoming year. We expect
that one of those positions will be in the field of category theory and logic.
The new hire would become a member of the Logic and Foundations of
Computing group. Please see our website at
http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/lfc.

The ad is attached below. Please feel free to contact us if you have
any further questions, and we ask that anyone applying let us know.

Sincerely,
Rick Blute (rblute at mathstat.uottawa.ca)
Phil Scott (phil at mathstat.uottawa.ca)

The Department of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Ottawa
invites applications to fill at least one tenure-track position at the
Assistant Professor level starting July 1, 2006. Priorities will be given
to candidates in either algebra or in category theory/logic. Exceptional
candidates in other fields are also invited to apply.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, a research plan, and arrange
for four confidential letters of recommendations, with one addressing
teaching, to be sent to Mayer Alvo, Chairman, Department of Mathematics
and Statistics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON Canada, K1N 6N5.
Applicants are also encouraged to include up to three copies of their most
significant publications. The closing date for receipt for applications is
November 15, 2005.

Conditions of employment are set by a collective agreement.  Employment
equity is University policy and the University strongly encourages
applications from women. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be
considered first.

Information about the department can be found at HYPERLINK
http://www.science.uottawa.ca/mathstat