[TYPES] Second Announcement-Octoberfest '05

P. Scott scpsg at matrix.cc.uottawa.ca
Mon Aug 22 11:42:51 EDT 2005

=======================================
Second Announcement-Octoberfest '05

The "not-quite-annual" Octoberfest has been a great
tradition among category theorists for several decades now.
This weekend conference has always been held at McGill
University, but this year is moving down the highway to the
University of Ottawa. It will be hosted by the Logic and
Foundations of Computing group (LFC). See our website at
www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/lfc. The conference will be held on
the weekend of October 22nd-23rd.   The Octoberfest webpage is:

http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~scpsg/Octoberfest05/Octoberfest.final1.htm

We will be having a special lecture from Rick Jardine
(Western). He will also be giving a special Distinguished
CRM lecture to the Ottawa-Carleton Mathematics Institute, at
3:30 Friday afternoon, October 21, and early arriving
Octoberfest participants are cordially invited to attend.

The Math Department is at 585 King Edward Ave.
(See the webpage for campus maps).

We have booked 2 blocks rooms at nearby hotels.

WE STRONGLY SUGGEST TO BOOK EARLY (Rates are only guaranteed
until around mid-September).

We have 15 rooms at:

Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
290 Rideau Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 5Y3
(P) 613-789-7511

These rooms are held for Friday and Saturday nights. The
group number is 104704 and the group name is "Category
Theory Conference".  The rate is the University of Ottawa
Friends and Family rate of $97.00 plus 15% tax. Guests may
phone the hotel directly at 613-789-7511 to reserve and may
quote either the group name or number to get the preferred
rate.

We have also booked some good apartment suites:

Cartier Place Suite Hotel,
(across the Laurier Bridge, over the Canal),
(180 Cooper St, off Elgin Street.
613-236-5000.

These are modern apartment suites, with cooking facilities. We have
reserved at special govt./university rates for Friday and Saturday nights:
10 single apartments and 5 double-bedroom apartments under the name
Category Theory Conference, U. Ottawa. Rates on available apartments are:
4 standard 1 bedroom @ $109/night, 6 superior 1 bedroom @ $112/night, 5
two bedroom @ $149/night, plus 15% tax.

Here are some B&B's near U. Ottawa:

Home Sweetland Home B&B:
62 Sweetland Avenue,
Ottawa, ON    K1N 7T6
Phone: (613) 234-1871
Reservations: 1-877-299-3499
(web: http://www.bbexpo.com/sweetland)

Benners B&B
541 Besserer
613-789-8320

Olde Bytown Bed & Breakfast,
459 Laurier Ave E
Ottawa, Ontario K1N6R4

Gasthaus Switzerland
89 Daly Avenue
Ottawa ON K1N6E6
Canada
Phone: 613-237-0335
Fax: 613-594-3327
Toll-free: 888-663-0000
(www.gasthausswitzerlandinn.com)

Ottawa Centre Bed and Breakfast
62 Stewart Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6J1
Phone:  613-237-9494
Tool Free: 866-240-4659

We ask that all attendees send us an email, so that we may
have an idea as to the number attending. (Anyone wishing  to
give a talk should also send us a title and abstract.)  We
intend to continue the tradition of keeping the registration
fees extremely low, especially for students.

			Sincerely,
			Rick Blute
			Phil Scott