[TYPES] workshop on invertibility of terms

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Wed Aug 31 13:54:06 EDT 2005

  	         ***   WIT 2005   ***

International Workshop on Invertibility of Lambda-Terms

               IRIT, Toulouse  (France)
                  28-29 October 2005

(A small "Types" workshop)

          *** SECOND CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ***
	       *** DEADLINE MODIFIED ***

Our first announcement was sent in June (due to organizational problems).
This was not very fortunate, and now we modify sligtly the significant
dates:

- title and short abstract due 20.09
- notification of acceptance 30.09
- full text (if you wish it to be posted at the website before the
workshop) due 15.10

For those who missed our 1-st announcement here is the presentation
of the workshop.

The study of invertibility of lambda-terms and related
subjects such as isomorphism of types, retractions and
subtyping takes important place in type theory. It
is related to number theory, algebra and category theory, and it
has applications to information retrieval systems,
automatic code generation, data transformations and
coding. This workshop aims to bring together researchers working on
these subjects, to assess the current state of the art and
identify open problems and future research directions.

There will be space for talks presenting original work,
work in progress, applications, survey of previous works.
We plan to provide sufficient time for discussions. Details on
paper submission will be given in a further announcement.

Papers presented at the workshop will be published on the
web site of the workshop and may be selected for submission,
in complete and revised form, to a special issue of an
international journal, in case their number and quality
justify it.

The workshop is conceptually a continuation to the Workshop
on Isomorphism of Types, WIT2002.

We hope that the special issue of MSCS with selected papers on
isomorphism of types (post-proceedings of WIT2002) will be
appear to the time of the workshop.

The workshop is supported by the department STIC/CNRS,
European "Types" project,  and
IRIT/Université Paul Sabatier. Please, note that our group at
IRIT is a subsite of "Types" project and the members of "Types"
can apply for support at their sites.

Limited funds for travel and/or accomodation are available.

Organising/program committee:

    R. Di Cosmo (Paris-VII and INRIA Rocquencourt, France)
    M. Dezani-Ciancaglini (University of Turin)
    G. Longo (ENS, Paris, France)
    S. Soloviev (IRIT, Toulouse, France)

Local organisation:

    S. Soloviev
    L. Méhats
    F. Barral

Contact:

    Sergei Soloviev
    IRIT
    Université Paul Sabatier
    118, route de Narbonne,
    31062 Toulouse
    France
    E-mail: soloviev at irit.fr
    Tel: (+33) 5 61 55 62 55
    Fax: (+33) 5 61 55 62 58

--
Web site http://www.irit.fr/zeno/WIT2005
Information about previous workshop WIT2002,