[TYPES] stricter moderation...?

Laurent Regnier regnier at iml.univ-mrs.fr
Wed Dec 21 12:58:40 EST 2005

 > I am afraid this might be a somewhat controversial suggestion, but may
 > I propose the TYPES list be moderated a little more strictly?

This is controversial indeed. I don't agree with this proposition.
One reason is that the the number of mails posted on TYPES is not so
big (compared to the number of spams that find their way across my
spamassassin filter for example). It takes me only a few seconds per
day to sort out which TYPES messages are of interest to me.

Second, given the vast community that can be reached via the TYPES list
I'm pretty sure that every message posted on the list finds at least
one person interested (this is probably underestimated).

Last, even if some messages are not directly related to types or
logic, most of them are indirectly related; how are we going to define
what is direct and what is indirect (this might be even more controversial)?

Laurent Regnier
Institut de Mathématiques de Luminy