[TYPES] Limited use of negation types?

Neelakantan Krishnaswami neelk at gs3106.sp.cs.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 23 02:24:29 EST 2005

Jim Apple writes:

 > I recall seeing somewhere a paper on the limited use of classical logic
 > in functional programming, that somehow negation types had an
 > interpretation under certain circumstances.
 >
 > I know I downloaded the paper, but I don't know where I put it. ANy
 > pointers?

You might want Griffin's paper "A Formulae-as-Types Notion of Control"
describes how the type of call/cc can be interpreted as Peirce's law
(a variant formulation of excluded middle).

Or you might want Parigot's "Lambda-Mu Calculus: an Alogrithmic
Interpretation of Classical Natural Deduction".

--
Neel Krishnaswami
neelk at cs.cmu.edu