[TYPES] SML# alpha release

Atsushi Ohori ohori at riec.tohoku.ac.jp
Sun Mar 19 21:58:00 EST 2006

Dear types list colleagues,

I thought some of you might be interested in our new language, SML#,
whose alpha release is now available at:

  http://www.pllab.riec.tohoku.ac.jp/smlsharp/

SML# is a conservation extension of the Definition of SML with few
moderate but practically important features, including
interoperability, record polymorphism, and rank1 polymorphism.

Its compiler heavily uses type information to achieves these features,
especially interoperability.

I appreciate any comments, criticism, suggestions.

	Best regards,
	Atsushi Ohori
	Research Institute of Electrical Communication
	Tohoku University