[TYPES] SML# alpha release

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 00:12:48 EST 2006

Atsushi> I thought some of you might be interested in our new language,
Atsushi> SML#, whose alpha release is now available at:

Atsushi>   http://www.pllab.riec.tohoku.ac.jp/smlsharp/

Atsushi> SML# is a conservation extension of the Definition of SML with
Atsushi> few moderate but practically important features, including
Atsushi> interoperability, record polymorphism, and rank1 polymorphism.

Atsushi> Its compiler heavily uses type information to achieves these
Atsushi> features, especially interoperability.

Sorry, I know I should just look at the website, but it has been a
very long day and I am too tired to do it.  So 2 questions:

"interoperability" - with what?

"heavily uses type information" - does that mean _runtime_ type
information?  That would be a significant departure indeed from the
design of SML ...

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.