[TYPES] [Request-for-Comments] Cat : A Typed Functional Stack-Based Language

Francois Pottier Francois.Pottier at inria.fr
Thu Feb 1 09:58:51 EST 2007

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:52:26PM -0800, Christopher Diggins wrote:
> I am writing to request comments and criticisms of my paper "Cat: A
> Typed Functional Stack Based Language".

This looks like a nice, elegant type system. But I am curious: what is
the motivation for designing a stack-based programming language for use
by humans? Doesn't the lack of explicit named variables make programs
rather obscure? Or is the language not intended for humans?

--
François Pottier
Francois.Pottier at inria.fr
http://cristal.inria.fr/~fpottier/