[TYPES] Formal treatment of intersection/union/arrow subtyping?

gc@pps.jussieu.fr gc at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Apr 10 20:53:17 EDT 2008

Dan Smith wrote:

> Thank you all for your useful pointers.
>
> In skimming a number of papers related to these references, I have yet
> to come upon the ideal presentation I'm looking for.  I would love to
> see a paper that:

You can probably find a good match (the calculus aside) in a paper by
Mariangiola Dezani et al "The relevance of semantic subtyping".

http://www.di.unito.it/~dezani/papers/itrs02.pdf

Look in particular in Section 3. The paper is more logic-oriented than
functional programming oriented howver it will also give you an idea on the
relation about what you are looking for and a streamlined version of semantic
subtyping without negation types.

> - Extends lambda-sub (the simply-typed lambda-calculus with subtyping)
> with intersection and union types.

Church style or Curry style? It is quite likely to make a difference.

---Beppe---