[TYPES] Grand Challenge Problems?

Derek Dreyer dreyer at mpi-sws.org
Sat Jan 16 17:58:23 EST 2010

A note from the moderator:

I agree with Matthias that Purush's question is a vague and extremely
broad one, and it's worth asking if there's a more "scientific"
definition of "grand challenge".

However, given that at last year's POPL there was a panel session
devoted precisely to the topic of "PL Grand Challenges", I believe the
question (even in its vague form) is not out of bounds for a
scientific forum like the Types-list.

FWIW, to address Purush's question, some notes from that POPL'09 panel
session on PL Grand Challenges are available here:

http://plgrand.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Derek