[TYPES] the possibly uselessness of semantics, was -- The type/object distinction and possible synthesis of OOP and imperative programming languages

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 08:35:49 EDT 2013

It was implied that the designers of C++ are not using the abstract
mathematical tools provided by research, but that simply isn't true.
 Making tractable extensions to C++'s generic programming capabilities
requires solid theory and the guys down the hall from me here at Texas A&M
simply blow my mind with the kinds of things they are working on.