[TYPES] Types in distributed systems

Antonio Ravara aravara at fct.unl.pt
Fri Aug 29 14:52:02 EDT 2014

Behavioural types (of which session types are an instance) handle the
scenario described in several ways, providing guarantees ranging from
protocol compatibility to progress.

An European project (BETTY - www.behavioural-types.eu) is dedicated to
the topic, and produced recently state-of-the-art reports covering the
(huge!) bibliography on the subject. You can find them at
http://www.behavioural-types.eu/publications.

Hope this helps.
antonio