[TYPES] On Dependent types and Subtyping's consistency

Ken Kubota mail at kenkubota.de
Sat Dec 16 17:55:10 EST 2017

The software implementation described at
	http://www.owlofminerva.net/files/formulae.pdf
has many similarities to your reference
	http://lucacardelli.name/Papers/Dependent%20Typechecking.US.pdf

It implements the Type:Type rule (cf. p. 11), hence, provides an unstratified type system,
has subtypes similar to the predicate subtypes in PVS (see: http://www.csl.sri.com/papers/cade92-pvs/cade92-pvs.pdf, p. 2),
and a mechanism to preserve the type dependencies within the type symbol similar to the de Bruijn indices,
but used for type variables within the type information only, such that no explicit type inference rules are required,
but the type directly results from lambda conversion (or lambda application).
Mathematical entities may have different types (i.e., it is a Curry-style rather than a Church-style system).

Kind regards,

Ken Kubota

Ken Kubota
http://doi.org/10.4444/100