[TYPES] online conferences should be free

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Jun 5 18:20:28 EDT 2021

Alejandro Díaz-Caro [2021-06-05 15:22:22] wrote:
> Of course there are also free platforms, but they are less reliable
> and you do not have anyone to ask if things do not work as expected.

I think it would make sense for the ACM to host some of those services
(and participate in their development).  IIUC this is partly what
happen(s|ed) with clowdr.

Similarly it would make sense for the ACM to host a video streaming
service, basically make it so the ACM DL doesn't only host articles and
books but videos as well.
[ Pretty much every time I watch a talk on youtube I find myself wanting
to "click" to consult the corresponding paper.  ]

        Stefan