[TYPES] Consistency of NF

Jamie bellissimogiorno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:28:59 EST 2022

Some of you may know that I've been working on the consistency of Quine's
NF for a few years.  NF is a foundational system which can be presented
both as a type theory and a set theory, and of which it is not easy to
prove consistency.

I've been developing a new angle, which I've posted here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.4060.pdf__;!!IBzWLUs!B0Pb7f_Vb3l9XE9Ze0En6kKg0h1rNrw4AbkLo3jzwf6UPt2a2JoVMLPH4OrVkbnqJnYd0pL6fHY$

This has been looked at by at least one person other than myself without
exposing major flaws so far, and I'm taking the liberty of drawing this to
the attention of TYPES because I feel the argument could now be usefully
examined by this broader community, in the hope that we can confirm it as
correct, or refine it if required.

I welcome questions and comments.  Thanks in advance.

Jamie