[TYPES] ETAPS bars Russian researchers from attending

Donaldson, Alastair F alastair.donaldson at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 14:04:06 EST 2022

I fully agree, Neel and Talia - it's a bad move.

While I can see the argument for major corporations denying their services to Russia (e.g. McDonalds closing its restaurants) - because this kind of thing might contribute to the tipping point that's needed for change, applying this to all kinds of minor things starts to feel like Russiaphobia and/or mere virtue signalling.

Best wishes

Ally