[TYPES] Writing syntactic models with "full information"

Paul Blain Levy P.B.Levy at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed May 25 12:09:27 EDT 2022

Dear Stefan,

Like you, I write [[ e ]] as an informal shorthand for [[ Gamma |- e:A ]], but this is not really correct.

For example, in simply typed lambda-calculus with zero type and boolean type, we have

[[ x:0 |- true:bool ]] = [[ x:0 |- false:bool ]]

but not

[[ |- true:bool ]] = [[ |- false:bool ]]

Best,
Paul