[TYPES] Alan Jeffrey

Jeremy Gibbons jeremy.gibbons at cs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 9 12:25:15 EST 2024

TYPES people may not have heard that Alan Jeffrey is seriously ill. His sister posted the following last week on Mastodon:

"You'll know from his posts that Alan has been in and out of hospital due to brain cancer and its side effects. He went downhill again two weeks ago. His health is currently stable, but the cancer can no longer be treated, and he is now staying at a nursing home in Chicago. If you are close to Alan and want more details, are in Chicago and could visit, or want to send him a card then email asajeffrey at gmail.com and I'll pick it up. As Alan often said, 'cancer is shitty'."

If you know Alan, you may want - as a friend suggested to me - to "help fill his inbox with thoughtful messages that he would appreciate". If you'd like to post a card, email me personally with a note about how you know him and I can provide a postal address (but I won't make it public here). Note that the email address is not Alan’s own personal address.

Jeremy

Jeremy.Gibbons at cs.ox.ac.uk
Oxford University Department of Computer Science,
Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD, UK.
+44 1865 283521
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/people/jeremy.gibbons/__;!!IBzWLUs!QOUpOLAFf2cS4VRC9nwPdwmrFz-BsymEJDeHO80iY5MUEjPLQqd-Ur3oOu6wzlI6LOrp4nVL-Bj7DgfhZRq6Y8muCzHblZEmW_0P_LIx$