[Unison-hackers] using unison like rsync between linux and windows

Andreas.Hartmann@fiducia.de Andreas.Hartmann at fiducia.de
Tue Aug 30 09:12:19 EDT 2005

Hello,

first of all, please excuse me to write to the developper list. I tried first to
write to the users list, but yahoo thinks, I'm a spammer, because I don't use
the domain key feature. Therefore, I would be happy, if you could answer me my
question :-).

I have to synchronize a directory upon a linux-machine to a windows machine. The
direction is always from linux -> windows.

I want unison to delete files / directories on windows, which are not on linux
and I want unison to copy files to windows from linux, which are missing on
windows. Nothing more :-).

How can I tell unison to do this? I used the option -prefer, but prefer only
works upon conflicts - unfortunately, missing files / directories are not seen
as conflict.

Thank you very much for your help,
kind regards,
Andreas Hartmann