[Unison-hackers] Re: patches for 2.10.2 and 2.12.0

Zvezdan Petkovic zpetkovic at acm.org
Mon May 23 16:58:43 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 08:48:08AM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> FWIW, here are the patches that I've used to build the current Cygwin
> packages:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/unison2.10.2/unison2.10.2-patches.zip
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/unison2.12.0/unison2.12.0-patches.zip

Thanks a lot for pointing to these.

I've noticed two patches I do not have and I already asked the list
(probably Jerome) whether they apply to all platforms.
I also see that you don't have a couple of the patches I had.
Max might also want to look at these.

Here's the list for 2.10.2

1. Fix the failure of Windows client when directory or file are
   read-only.
   http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/pipermail/unison-hackers/2005-May/000075.html

2. Fix compilation with GTK 1.
   http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/pipermail/unison-hackers/2005-May/000072.html
   Jerome's confirmation of this patch is at
   http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/pipermail/unison-hackers/2005-May/000074.html
   You probably do not care if you build with GTK2 only.

3. Fix the Mac OS X client problem.
   Again, probably not that relevant.
   I believe it doesn't hurt either since it _is_ applied to 2.12.0
   source.

Here's the list for 2.12.0

1. Fix the failure of Windows client when a file is read-only.
   I'm still waiting for Jerome to approve this patch.
   http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/pipermail/unison-hackers/2005-May/000078.html

2. Fix the Mac OS X client problem.
   This is the latest patch from Jerome's reply to me.
   http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/pipermail/unison-hackers/2005-May/000076.html

> I've derived my list of patches just by following the Unison lists.
> Each zip file includes a README that refers to the messages where the
> patches were posted.

There's no need for README.
Just put the comment at the very top of the patch file as I do.
That way one can see immediately what the patch is all about,
while reading the patch itself.
I adopted your convention of storing the links to messages in my
comments.  Thanks.

All the best

	Zvezdan