[Unison-hackers] unison 2.13.16 output patch

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Oct 5 08:49:44 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 04:59:18PM +0300, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> I'm a little reluctant to apply this one without the agreement of the
> various packagers -- the makefiles are rather delicate because they
> need to work on so many different machines.

I'm not sure there is any point in building static binaries anymore.
Under Linux, this is not really possible: the network name resolution
library (gethostbyname, ...) cannot be linked statically.  Under
Windows, the text version of Unison is portable, and I'm not sure one
can find a static GTK library to compile statically the GUI version.

I suspect the "STATIC=true" compile option does not work at all at the
moment.

-- Jerome