[Unison-hackers] osxsupport.c

Ben Willmore ben at opendarwin.org
Mon Sep 19 16:26:44 EDT 2005

 On 9/19/05, Benjamin Pierce <bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu> wrote:

 > but a general comment
 > would be that having different flavors of Unison behave differently
 > on the very same OS is sure to be a bad thing: the patch should
 > definitely either be thrown away or get incorporated into the main
 > sources.

 I totally agree, and I'm happy to remove the patch from fink if you or
 the consensus here think it's detrimental.  All the other fink patches
 are ones that have been incorporated in newer versions of the main
 Unison tree (the ones from Andrew Schulman's page, plus the
 mac-specific fixes I sent to this list a few weeks ago).  The
 oxsupport.c patch is the only one that hasn't -- hence my original
 question.

 What's the best way to come to a decision?  I know I'm not qualified
 to make it :-)

 Ben