[Unison-hackers] Unison OSX

Ben Willmore ben at opendarwin.org
Fri Apr 21 13:59:04 EDT 2006

> Yes, we should probably offer a pre-built Unison.app on macupdate or
> versiontracker.  Someone would probably have to do a little packaging

> > we build one of those, and then, set up application so that it
> > checks to
> > see if the command-line tool is installed, and offer to do it if not.

I like both these ideas (and am happy to implement them unless someone
else does).  A couple of thoughts:

It would be good if the uploaded version was a universal binary.  This
should be easily achieved by building separately on PPC and Intel and
pasting the results together with 'lipo'.

The Mac GUI in both 2.17.1 and current SVN has a few bugs where Unison
just dies without any error report when launched from the gui.  I
think it would be good to get rid of these before uploading a binary,
as they're disconcerting and result in useless bug reports ("It just
disappeared").  They're on my to-do list.

There's a usenet client for OS X called Unison. This may cause
conflicts or confusion on the version-tracking sites.

Ben