[Unison-hackers] Unison OSX

Trevor Jim trevor at research.att.com
Fri Apr 21 14:22:01 EDT 2006

A couple of other things that would be good before a binary:

Get the right version number to display for Get Info.  Unfortunately
this is in a .nib file and I don't know how to automate this.

For creating the .dmg it is nice to have a background picture as in
this tutorial

   http://www.decaffeinated.org/archives/2004/04/20/dmg

Also it is nice to have the .dmg contain a symbolic link to /
Applications,
so the user can drag the app easily, as in the Adium installer (check
out their .dmg at http://www.adiumx.com/).

Regarding the universal binary, I'm surprised that Xcode does not just
cross-compile it for you.  But then, we don't have a cross-compiling
ocaml... so yeah, we have to go with the stitch together method.

AFAIK, though, none of the developers has an Intel Mac ???

I've been meaning to set up a buildbot so to provide a binary for
every checkin.  It would be good to automate this.  I can do this for
the PowerPC version but not the Intel version.

-Trevor