[Unison-hackers] [unison-svn] r156 - in trunk/src: . uimac uimac/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 26 15:43:07 EDT 2006

Adding to what Geoff said...

> We are trying to use it on Solaris and may need to change a little bit
> due to the requirement of usage. Since it complies GPL so we want to
> know what we should do to put some patch, maybe not bug fixes, back to
> the community code. Do you know any criterias that we have to meet,
> policy to comply with and process to follow, or more? Any restrict for
> delivering it to Solaris?

In general, the Unison developers/maintainers are happy to consider
patches from members of the Unison community.  The criteria we use
for deciding whether to include them in the main distribution are
    1) evident correctness (i.e., we need to be able to believe that
they work)
    2) maintainability (i.e,, clean coding style, etc.)
    3) general usefulness (i.e., we don't want to clutter the system
with features that are
       useful only to very small numbers of people or in very
specific situations).

Regards,

      Benjamin