[Unison-hackers] [unison-svn] r156 - in trunk/src: . uimac uimac/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

Geoffrey Alan Washburn geoffw at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 26 10:28:57 EDT 2006

Yu-Hui Calvin Liu wrote:

> We are trying to use it on Solaris and may need to change a little bit
> due to the requirement of usage. Since it complies GPL so we want to
> know what we should do to put some patch, maybe not bug fixes, back to
> the community code. Do you know any criterias that we have to meet,
> policy to comply with and process to follow, or more? Any restrict for
> delivering it to Solaris?

	My understanding of the current GPL is that you only need to supply
your modifications if you are distributing your modifications as part of
a product.  If you're just using it for internal purposes you don't
really need to release anything unless you would like to do so.  If the
modifications are useful it would probably be best to just fold them
back into the main code-base.  Otherwise, you could just distribute a
patch (svn diff) from the Unison trunk to your working copy.