[Unison-hackers] Unison and extended attributes (xattr) on Tiger?

Geoffrey Alan Washburn geoffw at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 22 18:58:19 EDT 2006

Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I'm wondering if Unison is copying over extended attributes (as
> described here for instance:
> http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/7 ). It seems that
> rsync is able to copy them (using the -E flag), and cp and mv work as
> expected, but I do not see them being synchronized.

	I am pretty sure unison cannot synchronize extended attributes yet.
rsync, mv, cp, etc. can handle extended attributes because Apple
modified them in Tiger. I started some very preliminary work on an OCaml
interface to the "C" extended attribute functions, but I really haven't
had much time to focus on this project.  If you want to help out, let me
know.