[Unison-hackers] Unison and extended attributes (xattr) on Tiger?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Jun 23 02:57:51 EDT 2006

On 23 juin 06, at 00:58, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:

> Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if Unison is copying over extended attributes (as
>> described here for instance:
>> http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/7 ). It seems that
>> rsync is able to copy them (using the -E flag), and cp and mv work as
>> expected, but I do not see them being synchronized.
>
> 	I am pretty sure unison cannot synchronize extended attributes yet.
> rsync, mv, cp, etc. can handle extended attributes because Apple
> modified them in Tiger. I started some very preliminary work on an
> OCaml
> interface to the "C" extended attribute functions, but I really
> haven't
> had much time to focus on this project.  If you want to help out,
> let me
> know.

Well, this is something I'd really like Unison to support. My main
worry is not getting the attributes or reconciling changes to them,
it's exposing them in the UI.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO