[Unison-hackers] add unison via ssh to a C#.NET project

Derek Rayside drayside at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 20 23:13:55 EST 2006

Somebody wrote to this list (or the users list) about this a few months
ago.  See if you can find the list archives on that.

If memory serves, the main issue is listening to file system events
efficiently.  Running unison in a loop is not the most efficient solution.
I think it's possible to register to listen to file system events, but
I've never done any Windows systems programming.

Unison is written in OCaml.  You can probably link it with C# code.
I think there was also some list traffic on compiling unison with a .NET
dialect of ML.  Check the archives.  Maybe my memory is foggy.

It's probably worth thinking about why you need to write a bunch of C#
code, instead of just a unison profile and/or a simple batch file (which
is what I've done for some friends on Windows).  It's not that hard to
just run unison on Windows.  I usually spend more time tweaking the
configuration file than the script that runs it.