[Unison-hackers] add unison via ssh to a C#.NET project

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 21 08:01:04 EST 2006

> Unison is written in OCaml.  You can probably link it with C# code.
> I think there was also some list traffic on compiling unison with
> a .NET
> dialect of ML.  Check the archives.  Maybe my memory is foggy.

There was a bit of discussion of the possibility of converting Unison
to F#, Don Syme's .NET dialect of OCaml.  I haven't looked closely at
what would be involved, but my guess is that it would be manageable
but take some work -- for example, F# doesn't provide functors, which
Unison uses (sparingly), so there would be a little code
rearrangement needed.

      - Benjamin