[Unison-hackers] mac crashes

Ben Willmore ben at opendarwin.org
Tue Sep 5 12:15:00 EDT 2006

I've been trying to do some very large syncs over the weekend, and
have finally started running into the random crashes that Benjamin
mentioned.  They are particular to the Mac GUI and appear to occur
randomly (syncs can go for anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour, I
would estimate).  I was unable to do my sync and resorted to rsync.

I have two thoughts:

1. I agree with Benjamin's earlier suggestion that it would be bad to
release the Mac GUI to an unsuspecting public while it has this
problem.

2. I would really like to fix this.  There are two problems.

-- First, running within gdb/XCode debugger doesn't provide any useful
information about (or ability to manipulate) the OCaml side of things.
 Can anyone suggest any debugging tools/techniques that I might use?

-- Second, the crashes seem to be entirely random.  Can anyone provide
testcases that produce reliable or frequent crashes?

Ben