[Unison-hackers] New release almost ready -- help needed with testing

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Jan 2 04:31:57 EST 2007

On 2 janv. 07, at 00:49, Benjamin Pierce wrote:

> Dear Unison hackers,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the Unison team is nearly ready to make
> a new beta-release.  To ensure that the transition is as smooth as
> possible, I'd appreciate it if people could try out the current
> developer version and make sure it compiles in all the different
> configurations...
>
> If all goes well, I'll promote it to beta-release status in a few
> days.

I've built it under: Gentoo i386, OS X i386 graphical, OS X PPC text,
and it all worked. I've tried it and it seems to work. The GUI may
have some responsiveness issues (even though Unison is propagating
changes) but I'll have to further test this.

One small bug: the change in the temporary names does not seem to be
taken into account when detecting changes. I interrupted a sync and
after restarting it, Unison proposed to synchronize some temporary
files.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
  .O.
  ..O
  OOO