[Unison-hackers] New release almost ready -- help needed with testing

Zvezdan Petkovic zpetkovic at acm.org
Fri Jan 5 03:33:10 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 06:49:18PM -0500, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that the Unison team is nearly ready to make
> a new beta-release.  To ensure that the transition is as smooth as
> possible, I'd appreciate it if people could try out the current
> developer version and make sure it compiles in all the different
> configurations...

Two big disappointments:

	1. The GTK 1 version does not build because the Makefiles have
	   been changed.
	   I can't build a package for OpenBSD without this because I
	   have only lablgtk port available.
	   Nobody made lablgtk2 port for OpenBSD, and last time I tried
	   it was so much behind the gtk2 port (libraries) that it would
	   not work.  Since unison works fine with lablgtk I did not see
	   the reason to pursue this further.

	   Can we get GTK 1 back in the Makefiles?

	2. The text version has created huge backup of all my files in
	   .unison/backup although I do not have that preference set
	   anywhere.

	   Since when is this default?
	   How can this be switched off?

> If all goes well, I'll promote it to beta-release status in a few days.

This disables a default GUI package on OpenBSD.
It has an unexpected default behavior of backup with no_x11 flavor of
the package (text interface).

Best regards,

	Zvezdan