[Unison-hackers] New release almost ready -- help needed with testing

Zvezdan Petkovic zpetkovic at acm.org
Sat Jan 6 23:35:00 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 08:10:58AM -0500, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> Of course.  But I am not set up to build the GTK1 interface locally,
> so I'll need some help.  (There have also been a few changes to the
> code that may possibly prevent it compiling if I got them wrong, but
> I hope these should be easy to fix.)

I'll compile it.
I'll try to compare the stable version Makefiles with this version and
see if adding LIBLABLGTK in proper places makes it work with GTK1.
I tried again the port of lablgtk2.  It's stuck at 2.6 version of the
GTK2 libraries, while the libraries I have on OpenBSD are 2.8.x.
It compiles but when I try to run examples it segfaults.
I'm very busy right now, so I asked ports list of OpenBSD if some GTK
expert knows why this happens.

> This is a bug: the default should be no backups.  Can you please
> remove your ~/.unison/backup and send me a "-debug all" trace for
> some small part of your replica (using "-path XXX")?  The behavior is
> supposed to be controlled by "backupcurrent", whose default is empty.

I will do it tomorrow.

Best regards,

	Zvezdan