[Unison-hackers] New release almost ready -- help needed with testing

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 5 08:10:58 EST 2007

> Two big disappointments:
>
> 	1. The GTK 1 version does not build because the Makefiles have
> 	   been changed.
> 	   I can't build a package for OpenBSD without this because I
> 	   have only lablgtk port available.
> 	   Nobody made lablgtk2 port for OpenBSD, and last time I tried
> 	   it was so much behind the gtk2 port (libraries) that it would
> 	   not work.  Since unison works fine with lablgtk I did not see
> 	   the reason to pursue this further.
>
> 	   Can we get GTK 1 back in the Makefiles?

Of course.  But I am not set up to build the GTK1 interface locally,
so I'll need some help.  (There have also been a few changes to the
code that may possibly prevent it compiling if I got them wrong, but
I hope these should be easy to fix.)

> 	2. The text version has created huge backup of all my files in
> 	   .unison/backup although I do not have that preference set
> 	   anywhere.
>
> 	   Since when is this default?
> 	   How can this be switched off?

This is a bug: the default should be no backups.  Can you please
remove your ~/.unison/backup and send me a "-debug all" trace for
some small part of your replica (using "-path XXX")?  The behavior is
supposed to be controlled by "backupcurrent", whose default is empty.

     - Benjamin