[Unison-hackers] unison major and minor version numbers (need > 2.17?)

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 7 10:15:38 EST 2007

Hi Seth,

Here's how Unison's version numbers work: The "2" at the beginning is
more or less a constant.  The middle number tracks changes to the
communication protocol: it gets incremented whenever something
changes that could cause confusion if client and server were running
different versions.  The last number is incremented automatically on
each svn checkin.

Version 2.27 is still officially an internal developer version (so
the source code is only available direct from svn), but it is very
close to a new stable release version -- there are just a couple more
rough edges, which I hope to polish off in the next couple of days.

Regards,

     - Benjamin