[Unison-hackers] Problem with fractional mtime? ("destination updated during synchronization")

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Sat Nov 22 19:47:41 EST 2008

On Mittwoch 29 Oktober 2008, Hans Meine wrote:
> My impression after digging a little bit is that this is because on one of
> the two systems, the mtime has several fractional digits, which seem to be
> rounded up (incorrectly?) so that the non-fractional part is newer on the
> other system.
> [...]
> Is this a known problem (and should I read some FM part which I missed)?
> Oh, I am still using 2.13.16, I hope I did not just make a fool out of
> myself by writing all this..  (disclaimer: I am currently sick.)
In the meantime, I have confirmed that the same bug still exists in 2.27.57.

The "rounding" in my last post does not make sense, probably it's more like
this:

- int remembered_mtime = trunc(remote_mtime)
- ... [synchronize]
- check whether remote_mtime > remembered_mtime:
  ALARM! [difference 0.0 < x < 1.0 seconds]

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.