[Unison-hackers] Problem with fractional mtime? ("destination updated during synchronization")

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Sun Nov 23 07:42:36 EST 2008

On Sonntag 23 November 2008, Hans Meine wrote:
> In the meantime, I have confirmed that the same bug still exists in
> 2.27.57.

Now, I have to say that I tried to find a fix myself, but Ocaml is harder to
read than I thought.  I guess I have to wait for someone else to acknowledge
this bug and fix it.

> The "rounding" in my last post does not make sense, probably it's more like
> this:
>
> - int remembered_mtime = trunc(remote_mtime)
> - ... [synchronize]
> - check whether remote_mtime > remembered_mtime:
>   ALARM! [difference 0.0 < x < 1.0 seconds]

I have read that Ocaml does not do implicit casting (good!), and I did not
find any casts (at least not in update.ml), so maybe I am still off with the
above.

It is also quite strange that it only with these sip-generated header files.
Obviously, SIP somehow triggers the fractional mtime, while other programs do
not seem to do that.  Obscure.

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.