[Unison-hackers] path option 'root testing' bug

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 30 15:19:23 EDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

I agree that Unison's current behavior (just failing) is probably less
good than simply creating the directory it needs.  If you (or someone)
feel like having a go at fixing it, I'd be happy to accept a patch.

The function Os.createDir is most of what's needed, but it should
probably be called for every component of the path that's missing, not
just the final one.  Also, there's the question of what permissions
should be used for the created directories.  The "right thing" to do
-- asking the other host what the permissions are for each one -- is
probably to complicated to be worth the trouble, but any other choice
is a bit arbitrary.

Best,

     - Benjamin