[Unison-hackers] Asymmetric DSL and large files

Stefan Goldmann stefan.goldmann at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 18 09:22:14 EST 2009

Hi Benjamin.

<quote>

Unison has to propagate the
changes in your file *from* the machine that has the new version *to*
the machine that doesn't, no?

</quote>

Yes, exactly. And the *from* machine is the distant work computer, and
the *to*
machine is the local home computer. Unison detects, that the work computer's
version has changed, so the changes should be propagated from
work to home, using the 350kb/s bandwidth. Instead, somehow Unison starts
"eating up" all of the 50kb/s bandwidth from home to work. Why?? That's the
wrong direction.

I hope this clarifies things. :-)

How does Unison determine what parts of a file have changed?
I guess that this is the problem's root.

Best wishes,
Stefan