[Unison-hackers] internationalization

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain at le-gall.net
Mon Apr 12 18:00:14 EDT 2010

Hello,

On 12-04-2010, Oyaji <lachat at okazoo.eu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Cédric. I'm living in France, at Bordeaux (good wine :-) ).
>
> I want to translate unison in French. So, is the internationalization in
> progress ?
> If it's not the case, I want to begin it with the French.
>
> I'm trying to build unison with gettext. It's the reason why I send an
> email to the mailing list to know if it is a good choice and your opinion.

I am also trying to use gettext, with ocaml-gettext. This is a good solution.

https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/ocaml-gettext/
or
http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/ocaml-gettext.html

I am pretty busy right now, but this is high on my TODO list. If you
want to do it, I can help you.

Last time, I have spent time on it, I build a tool to detect
untranslated strings in the source (this requires changes in
ocaml-gettext).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall