[Unison-hackers] internationalization

oyaji lachat at okazoo.eu
Wed Apr 14 13:39:44 EDT 2010

Hello,

On 04/13/2010 02:00 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> First point:
>
> That is because you are using Gettext.Library. Library doesn't init
> anything, it waits for an implementation. You should use
> Gettext.Program.
>
> I replace your uigtk2Gettext, with this content:
>
> (* Create the module Gettext, using the textdomain "mydomain" *)
> module Gettext =
>   Gettext.Program
>   (struct
>     let textdomain   = "unison"
>     let codeset      = Some "UTF-8"
>     let dir          = None
>     let dependencies = Gettext.init
>   end)
>   (GettextCamomile.Hashtbl)
> ;;

Thank you for this correction.

> It can also be triggered when the string is translated before the call
> to Gettext.init.
>
> Second point:
>
> Could you be more precise, I am not sure to understand.

The building uses another tool, which is ocamlfind. So, the user will
have to install ocamlfind to build unison and maybe it is not necessary.
Could we build unison without ocamlfind.

> Other question:
>
> Why using unison 2.32.52? Why not using a svn checkout of the latest
> version?

I have tried on one version. Now I will work on the svn and commit when
the internationalization will be OK.

I have two others questions :
	Is it possible to have the translations without gettext arguments in
the command line ?
	If it is possible, what are the good parameters in uigtk2Gettext.ml to
have the translations ?

> Regards
> Sylvain Le Gall

Kind regards,