[Unison-hackers] internationalization

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain at le-gall.net
Tue Apr 13 08:00:41 EDT 2010

On 13-04-2010, Oyaji <lachat at okazoo.eu> wrote:

> I have already tried to modify the unison sources.
> In fact, I have two problems :
>
>     * Firstly, I have an GettextTypes.GettextUninitialized exception,
>     * Secondly, the build process uses ocamlfind and it failed without it.
>
> You could see my modification in this tarball :
> http://www.okazoo.eu/~lachat/unison-2.32.52_modified.tgz
> The modified files or directories are :
>
>     * Makefile.OCaml
>     * po
>     * share
>     * uigtk2Gettext.ml
>     * uigtk2.ml

First point:

That is because you are using Gettext.Library. Library doesn't init
anything, it waits for an implementation. You should use
Gettext.Program.

I replace your uigtk2Gettext, with this content:

(* Create the module Gettext, using the textdomain "mydomain" *)
module Gettext =
  Gettext.Program
  (struct
    let textdomain   = "unison"
    let codeset      = Some "UTF-8"
    let dir          = None
    let dependencies = Gettext.init
  end)
  (GettextCamomile.Hashtbl)
;;

It can also be triggered when the string is translated before the call
to Gettext.init.

Second point:

Could you be more precise, I am not sure to understand.

Other question:

Why using unison 2.32.52? Why not using a svn checkout of the latest
version?

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall