[Unison-hackers] Command line arguments and OS X GUI

Stefan Rank list-ener at strank.info
Fri May 7 07:17:41 EDT 2010

on Thursday 2010-05-06 14:42 Benjamin Pierce said the following:
>> I'm going through minor things in my Unison todo stuff, and I just
>> noticed a small note to say in the tutorial that (at least for OS X),
>> the tutorial should be run in text mode. I just saw that we say "You
>> can force the text interface even if graphical is the default by
>> adding {\tt -ui text}.  The other command-line arguments to both
>> versions are identical." Does this mean that the other GUI versions
>> (windows and GTK) accept command line arguments?

I can confirm that all GUI versions I have access to (Mac OS, Linux-GTK,
Windows) do accept command line arguments.

(As Benjamin notes below, it's the binary that accepts arguments, not
the .app on the Mac. There is generally no way to supply arguments other
than filenames to a .app ... )

cheers,
stefan

PS: Since I use the GUI version regularly from the command-line, I would
also vote against the idea recently added to TODO.txt in r444, i.e. I
would prefer to *not* make the text-ui the default on the command-line.