[Unison-hackers] Command line arguments and OS X GUI

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri May 7 07:31:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Stefan Rank <list-ener at strank.info> wrote:
> I can confirm that all GUI versions I have access to (Mac OS, Linux-GTK,
> Windows) do accept command line arguments.
>
> (As Benjamin notes below, it's the binary that accepts arguments, not
> the .app on the Mac. There is generally no way to supply arguments other
> than filenames to a .app ... )

I've tried both the command line utility, and the contents of the
Unison.app package as described above, and although I can give a
profile name, I cannot run the tutorial as described in the manual
(http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/download/releases/stable/unison-manual.html#tutorial).
But maybe it's local to my machine.

> PS: Since I use the GUI version regularly from the command-line, I would
> also vote against the idea recently added to TODO.txt in r444, i.e. I
> would prefer to *not* make the text-ui the default on the command-line.

I guess this is a situation where both defaults make sense. I don't
care either way. (But if it's clear it's not going to change, we
should remove it from the TODO file.)

Alan