[Unison-hackers] Move Unison to Git

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain at le-gall.net
Wed Feb 9 10:56:41 EST 2011

Hello,

On 09-02-2011, Pascal Bach <pasci.bach at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that there are a lot of patches floating around in the
> unison-users mailing list especially for build purpose. And what I
> know from the (Non-)development status page unison isn't actively
> developed anymore but patches are still welcome.
>
> I think in the current situation a distributed version control system
> would be more useful as it would facilitate the inclusion of patch for
> other people than the maintainers.
> I thus propose that the main repository should switch to Git
> (Github.com or Gitorious.org for example).
>
> I already setup a mirror of the SVN repository on github were I keep a
> branch with some build patches. https://github.com/pascal-bach/Unison
>
> Please let me know what you think about my proposal.

There is also a forge for OCaml projects:
http://forge.ocamlcore.org

This is of course less bells and whistles than github UI but it already
hosts the git repository of lablgtk for example (lablgtk being a deps of
unison).

If you want to have at the same time github and the forge, you can do
like batteries (http://batteries.forge.ocamlcore.org) for which SCM and
bugs are on github and the rest (mailing list, releases and news) on the
OCaml Forge.

Cheers,
Sylvain Le Gall
--