[Unison-hackers] Move Unison to Git

Benjamin C. Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 9 11:20:59 EST 2011

I must admit I'm not too excited about moving Unison to a different version control system.  We've done it twice before, and each time it took two or three full days of fiddling before everything was completely working again.  (It's not just a matter of moving the sources: the VCS is also involved in the version numbering mechanism, the procedure for remembering what's changed for inclusion in release messages, the mechanism for building and exporting new releases, ...)

If there are active maintainers / compilers of Unison distributions who feel that they could do their jobs more effectively with commit rights to the main SVN repository, just let me know and we can make that happen.

Best,

    - Benjamin