[Unison-hackers] A rant about problems with dropbox -- thank you Unison!

Pierce Benjamin C. bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 22 14:56:06 EST 2011

> I'm convinced that Unison could be the kernel of a great solution
> here.  But in the past its been too much work for anyone to get
> excited about doing cross-platform inotify-style file system
> monitoring in particular.  Are there other open source projects from
> which this functionality could be borrowed?  iFolder?

Actually, this functionality is pretty close to working -- what it needs is for someone who cares about a particular platform to take it on and polish off a few remaining rough edges.  Moreover, this can be done with minimal OCaml knowledge, as the actual FS monitoring code is written in Python...

    - B