[Unison-hackers] [unison-svn] r476 - in trunk/src: . lwt ubase uimacnew09 uimacnew09/uimacnew.xcodeproj

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Jul 19 08:30:54 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Steve Kalkwarf <steve at kalkwarf.com> wrote:

> Second, the Growl framework checked in with what I thought was the correct project (uimacnew/uimacnew.xcodeproj), isn't a current Growl framework, so it won't link against a 64-bit application. That was easy enough to update in my sandbox, but maybe it should be a manual dependency, instead of checked in to the Unison tree?

As Benjamin says, we try to make compilation as much "out of the box"
as possible. But it's true it means we have to make sure that included
frameworks are up to date.

> What finally derailed me is almost certainly a problem with my setup:
>
> Ld build/Default/Unison.app/Contents/MacOS/Unison normal x86_64
>    cd /Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew
>    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
>    /Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 -arch x86_64 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -L/Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/Default -F/Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/Default -F/Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew -filelist /Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/uimacnew.build/Default/uimac.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/Unison.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -L/usr/local/lib/ocaml -lunix -lthreadsnat -lstr -lbigarray -lasmrun -framework Cocoa -framework Security -framework Growl -framework ExceptionHandling /Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/../unison-blob.o -o /Users/kalkwarf/RandomSource/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/Default/Unison.app/Contents/MacOS/Unison
> ld: library not found for -lstr
> Command /Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1
>
> but I see str.* in my /usr/local/lib/ocaml directory:
>
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.a
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.cma
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.cmi
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.cmx
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.cmxa
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.mli
>
> so I'm a little lost here. (for completeness, I installed ocaml with the "brew" package manager)

This seems to be the same problem than the one from the "Building
Unison GUI on OSX 10.6" thread. Here is what I said there:

This is a different problem, probably related to this bug:
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=5247

You need to find where libcamlstr.a is, and symlink libstr.a to
libcamlstr.a in the same directory.

Hope this helps,

Alan