[Unison-hackers] Wrong icon in Cocoa GUI for directories with dot in name

Pierce Benjamin C. bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 29 16:37:43 EDT 2011

> first of all thanks again for this great piece of software - I am constantly
> recommending it to other people.  For about a year, I am using the Cocoa GUI
> which is also really well done.

:-)

> Today, I noticed that two out of five (new) folders about to be synced to the
> remote end did not have the "folder", but the "[unknown] file" icon.  It took
> me a while to see why, but I am pretty sure it is because the folder names
> have a dot in them.  (Sth. like "foo_1.25mm_bar", while other folders are like
> "foo_1mm_bar".)

I've never seen this behavior, but I don't use the GUI that much.

If it really does have to do with the presence of dots in the folder names, then I guess this is some smart Cocoa thing choosing what icon to display based on the "extension" of a folder -- anybody know how to turn it off?

   - Benjamin